Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Michael Buckley



Our children's indie bookstore, Square Books Junior, hosted the super-talented, super-entertaining, and super-charming Michael Buckley yesterday. My oldest girl is a huge fan of his Sisters Grimm books which are gorgeous to look at (they are styled to look like the original Grimm's Fairy Tale books), but inside, they are full of crazy, wacked out adventures starring fairy tale creatures gone awry.


Michael was in town for a school visit and signing of his newest book Nerds: National Espionage, Rescue, and Defense Society. Once again, this book has one of the coolest designs I've ever seen, and it's a story about a secret group of nerds who use their dweeb powers to save the world.

Here's Michael with my two oldest girls.





And, I know you're all waiting for Katie to fill you in on her news, but these things take time . . . . keep checking in.

sf

10 comments:

Kimberly Derting said...

OMG, I wish I would have known, I would have sent you a small fortune to have one signed for my rabid-Michael-Buckley-fan niece! Lucky!!!!

Kimberly Derting said...

Oh, and how cute are your girls???

Kelly H-Y said...

I bet your girls were THRILLED!!

Hardygirl said...

Kimberly,

There are some signed copies at the store--of course, they wouldn't be personalized . . .

Yeah, Kelly, it was awesome. Plus, he's just so durn cool.

sf

Katie Anderson said...

Dangit! I should have gone....

I was just flat mentally exhausted. Thanks for covering the big event :)

Kimberly Derting said...

I might have to call them tomorrow, she would be so excited! Thanks SF!!!

lisa and laura said...

I love that you girls are raising little mini book fiends. So cute! Can't wait until my kids are old enough for chapter books!

Robin Mellom said...

I JUST picked up his NERDS book at the bookstore and read the first couple of pages. I laughed out loud--like, the embarrassing hearty kind of laugh that turns heads. It is HILARIOUS. Can't wait to read it!

Sherrie Petersen said...

My kids loved The Sisters Grimm. I read the first book to them. What a fun, inventive storyline. Is he touring? I wonder if he'll make it out here...

Khadijah said...

I want to meet him! Gahh, I'm his fan...16 years old and proud! XD

Our Motto

Our Motto