Sunday, October 11, 2009

LIPS TOUCH!!! The Timeline...


Let me tell you how much I heart Laini Taylor's new book Lips Touch. Beyond being a lush collection of three tales in which the action all hinges on a kiss (and we all know how much I love kissing), this is how Laini's book rocked my clock:

Within seconds, I called my mother and said, "RUN out and get this book!" The prose is freakishly gorgeous in a way that only Laini's brain could write. Truly stunning!

Within minutes, I sat my 12 year old down and said, "Let me read you something."

After about three pages I said, "Good, huh?" To which she replied, "Yeah. Keep reading." I tried not to freak out that she was loving an actual book, but she was.

Within hours, I called SF and told her to go buy the book "because you will want to own this one." And then I did something I have never done before. I told her that if she didn't LOVE it, then I'd buy it back from her. Did you hear that?! I offered a money back guarantee!

Within a day, I was skipping Glee to read it - Not to mention emailing Laini an embarrassing amount of times.

Within a week, I was updating Twitter and Facebook telling everyone from friends to editors to race out and read it. AND, I ventured over to Laini's husband, Jim's blog to see if he had anything else interesting to say - which he did! One of those items was a description of the process of painting the beautiful illustrations found in the book. Did you hear that?! Jim did all the illustrations! In Credible. What a team.

Within months, I expect to purchase several for Christmas presents. *Jingle bells*

Within a year, I'm not sure yet - but I am thinking big here.

Look - Just take it from me. This is a must "own" book! Not since Harry Potter have I savored a book like this. Laini makes me want to be a better writer.

For real.

Seriously.

Read it.

Your welcome :-)

11 comments:

Sarah Wylie said...

Okay, you've convinced me. I am adding this to the TBR pile.
Finding a book you love *that* much is amazing, isn't it?

Little Ms J said...

You're just a little publicist in the making, aren't you? I'm adding it to my TBR pile as well!

Christina Lee said...

wow what review- now I HAVE to get it!

storyqueen said...

Okay! Okay! I'll buy it!

(Actually, I was going to buy it anyway....)

Can't wait to read it!

Shelley

Hardygirl said...

Can't wait!

How much fun is it that we ended up sitting next to Laini three years ago at SCBWI LA??

sf

Emily J. Griffin said...

I've got an amazon gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I was waiting for enough must-haves to make one full purchase. This just completed my list.

ps: I'm down for some sort of "Lips Touch" Masquerade Ball in a year. What do you think?

Corey Schwartz said...

Whoa. That was persuasive!

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

wow. so i take it was a good book? :)

jeannie
The Character Therapist

Elana Johnson said...

Okay, another book to add to my list.

Stephanie Perkins said...

YESSSSSSS!!!

I KNEW you'd love it. I'm so, so happy you read it. It's just one of my absolute favorites — from the moment I started the first story, I knew it was something extraordinary. I want to roll around in her words and her worlds!

Kimberly Derting said...

You're killing my TBR read pile, but absolutely I'm adding it!!!

Our Motto

Our Motto