Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New promo cards


Soooo . . . I've posted about how the conference season is upon us (and I'm counting a "season" as going TWO conferences). I'm getting ready--got my notepad, my new black stretchy boots, my first pages printed up, my illustration for the contest, my promo materials . . . .ACK!!!! I've been using the same promo cards for about three years, now.

Here 'tis:

That's Izzy who's the main character in my forthcoming picture book. I love her--this image on my business card is what started the ball rolling with Viking. But, I need some more postcards to put out with Izzy. Surely she's lonely (and surely people are tired of seeing her). So I decided to give her some friends:


Yay! Now, let's just hope Fed Ex comes through for me and my cards actually arrive BEFORE the Mid South conference.

:-) sf

15 comments:

Stina said...

I'm totally jealous. I wish I could draw like that. Heck, I wish I could draw, period.

Have a great time at the conference. :D

Christine Fonseca said...

absolutely stunning!

Unknown said...

Your illustrations are adorable! What talent! I would love to have one of your illustrations hanging in my daughter's room!

Tamika: said...

These cards look amazing! Very playful and full of energy, it makes me want to know more about the story already:)

storyqueen said...

WoW!! I love the new card!

(And I have an Izzy at home...'cept she spells it Issy.)

I need some new cards myself.

Shelley

Stephanie Perkins said...

Your work is so beautiful!! Oh, I love them both so much. There's such vibrancy and life in your lines!

Nicole Zoltack said...

What a wonderful drawing! I used to doodle but was never serious about it so I envy your talent.

Kelly H-Y said...

LOVE those!!!

Tere Kirkland said...

Gorgeous! I want an Izzy print!

Good luck getting your cards before the conferences!

Robin Mellom said...

Adorable!!! Love the dude with the John Travolta moves. :-)

Katie Anderson said...

Oh how I love this new illustration! So cute!

Irene Latham said...

ADORABLE!! Love them so much!

lotusgirl said...

Wonderful. I love the cheerful whimsy.

Sherrie Petersen said...

I love your illustrations, SF!

Joanna said...

Looking good, Sarah :-)

Our Motto

Our Motto