Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Katie's gone Extreme.


I have fully applied to be on Extreme Home Makeover! Wait. Not to receive a home (My house is more wonderful than I could ever imagine.) I want to be on the show to help build a house for someone else - someone who really does need a new house.

It all happened Sunday night as the chickens and I were eating grilled cheeses and watching the show. Right before our eyes they announced a contest to "get on the bus". Well, faster than you can say turnip greens, we made a b-line for my computer and wrote ourselves a doozy of an application.

Now, do us a favor and cross your fingers so we can say -

Move. That. Bus!

Katie

P.S. Those are gonna be my new buddies. We'll be hammerin' together if I get on the show.

And finally for the FAB NEWS OF THE WEEK, Lisa and Laura Roecker just sold their first book!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them so much I have literally cried over their news thrice! (is that even a word? If not, it should be!) Go Lila! We are so excited for you!!!!

8 comments:

Sherrie Petersen said...

Ha!
I wouldn't mind having them over here, too :)

Jeannie Campbell, LMFT said...

hope it works out for you!

fyi - i'm leaving in less than 2 weeks to head back to cali. got a great job there. my baby will follow 2 1/2 weeks later and then my husband 2 1/2 weeks after that. so i'm sorry we won't get to do anything before i leave! but at least we got to meet one another. SF - we didn't even get to do that! but i wish you both the best....we'll keep up on blogger. :)

jeannie
The Character Therapist

Elana Johnson said...

Sending good vibes your way!

Hardygirl said...

Cool! I'm such a loser, I don't even know anything about this . . .

sf

Corey Schwartz said...

You and the chickens were eating grilled cheese? Ha! That is a hilarious image :)

Katie Anderson said...

I fear this post sounds like I need a new house. I DON'T! My house is dreamy :-)

But I think it would be an incredible experience to be able to help build one for someone who really does need one.

And a great bonding adventure with the girls :-)

And Jeannie, we'll miss you :( I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you here.

Little Ms J said...

How fun! I can't wait to see you on the show. I know you'll make it!

Kelly H-Y said...

OH, I so hope you get on!!!!

Our Motto

Our Motto