Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blog Block


The title says it all. I have blog block. The good news is that unlike "writer's block," blog block isn't as long lasting or as frustrating. In fact, the worst blog block might do is make some of our devoted followers get bored with us and quit reading (which would be oh so sad 'cuz we love y'all).

I am not sure why I can't think of what to blog about, but perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I have had a soccer game, practice, or tournament every day for the last month. And they are never at the same time which means my poor Kate is frequently either too late or too early. And then there's dance - which involves at least four hours a week of practice and traveling to competitions on random weekends. Of course there was the book conference, another speaking engagement, Spring Break, and a zillion other things.

And in the tiny spaces when I was alone, I revised. - which is finally coming together (knock on wood).

So, my Dears, I am sorry for this temporary break in our normally witty banter. I am simply suffering from the dreaded Blog Block. I hope to be back on track next week.

Love,

Katie

P.S. According to Google Images this photo is a "frustrated person." He's a mighty cute frustrated person though, isn't he?

14 comments:

Suzanne Young said...

Oh, he is making me frustrated, alright. haha.

I know what you mean about blog block. When I get that, I put up pictures. lol.

Keep writing! And take a breath!

lisa and laura said...

I've totally had this! I called it blog guiltitis because I felt terrible for neglecting the blog.

Don't worry, in a couple of days you'll be extracting gerbil poop and be back to your normal self.

Or just start watching the new 90210.

Christy Raedeke said...

You have blog block yet you write a full post! Love it! I just put up videos of pole dancing bears when I'm blocked...

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

i get it every day!

Stephanie J. Blake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a brilliant blog said...

katie, that man is so cute because he looks like your husband!

Hardygirl said...

I'm down here at the book conference in Hattiesburg. Had a great day and I"m getting PUMPED to see Judy Blume tomorrow.

The only negative? I can't seem to find wi-fi anywhere. It's like I"m in a third world country or something!!

Little Ms J said...

Maybe you should post pictures of hot guys and try to guess what they're thinking. Take frustrated guy, for instance. Did he fudge on his taxes? Did his boyfriend steal his money? Did his wife schtoop the nanny, a Swedish girl? So many options. We totally don't mind until your block clears up.

Katie Anderson said...

Hello all! Did I tell you that I have "Comment Block" too? But I sure am enjoying all of yours :-)

Keep on!

Katie Anderson said...

I think what I have is exhaustion. the mental kind.

I'm going mental.

Not really. Only a little.

Okay - gotta go revise some more. Have I posted yet about how revision sucks? Maybe I'll do that next.

Corey Schwartz said...

Seems to be going around. I've been feeling the same way and so have a lot of bloggers I read regularly.

Anne Spollen said...

Well, an awful lot of folks stopped by to read about your blog block. That might help unblock you!

StaffPicks said...

I'm with you all the way. Blahg for me, too. But they're fun blahs :-)

Lisa Schroeder said...

Well, there's always an update on the guinea pig bathroom problems.

Wait. Please, no, please!

Our Motto

Our Motto