Friday, July 30, 2010

Go On, Bake a Cake!


In honor of SF's big announcement, I suggest you bake a cake. Why? Well, not only is her sale totally cake-worthy, but I have discovered two insanely fun, TWO INGREDIENT cakes!

Cake number one: Mix any boxed cake mix with 10 ounces of any diet soda. You have to take a few sips of the standard 12 ounce can first, BUT, I am told this makes one helluva a cake. Cool, huh? My neighbor told me about it yesterday after mixing a chocolate cake mix with a diet strawberry soda. That was the only soda she had but it was still a Win-ner! She recommends a yellow cake with a diet sprite.

Cake number two: Mix any boxed cake with one 15 ounce can of pumpkin. I've heard this one is awesome too! And best made with a chocolate cake. SF actually told me about it.

Both recipes are intended for cupcakes, and I think you cook both at like 375 for maybe 20 minutes? You might have to experiment. But still. Awesome, huh?

Go on, bake a cake!

7 comments:

storyqueen said...

pumpkin and chocolate?? seriously? I dunno.

It sounds kind of weird.

(But after seeing the picture, there will be cupcakes on one kind or another in the Thomas house today!!)

Shelley

Jemi Fraser said...

Really??? But cupcakes are always good - so it'd be worth a try :)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oh, yummy! I can't wait to try them both - especially the pumpkin one. Thanks for the recipes! :-)

Anne R. said...

I love cakes! 8D

Stephanie Faris said...

Yay you guys! That's awesome. And any excuse to eat cake!

Lydia Kang said...

Really? Really those work?
I need to have my experimental baker friend do this for me.
Nice blog, and congrats on the good news!

Gail said...

Use a muffin mix and the pumpkin and you have a weight watchers recipe! And yes, the chocolate and pumpkin does taste good!

Wish you could have gone to SCBWI-LA, it was a remarkable wxperience!

Our Motto

Our Motto